NASCAR Sprint Cup and Formula 1 Indian GP Updates

So what's up in the world of auto racing (at least two of it)? NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) and Formula 1 (F1). 

I'm usually very lazy when it comes to posting about qualifying races but I am willing to make this Saturday an exception. Well, what do you know? My two favorite drivers are both starting out front Sunday (or in a few hours in Formula 1's case). 

Jimmie Johnson, Coors Light Pole
Jimmie Johnson, driver of #48 Chevrolet, will start at the pole for the Tums Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway this October 28 at 1 p.m. ET. 

2nd Pole at Martinsville
This is Jimmie Johnson's 28th NSCS pole in his 396th start, his 3rd of the season and his 2nd at Martinsville. Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that #48 could keep the position to finally end his winless Chase runs. 

As for Formula 1, Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing will start at P1 for Sunday's AIRTEL INDIAN GRAND PRIX. His teammate, Mark Webber, meanwhile qualified P2. 

L-R: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes), Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber (Red Bull Racing)
Things are looking up for the Red Bull Racing team. I hope both of them could keep the positions come Sunday. I always have unshakeable confidence for Seb, though. So I am sure he'll bag the win again.

Sebastian Vettel during Qualifying for Airtel Indian Grand Prix
Well, I hope both Jimmie Johnson and Sebastian Vettel bag the checkered flag this Sunday. :)

Image Sources:
NASCAR photos from NASCAR.com
F1 photos from Sebastian Vettel Facebook Page

Comments