The Cranberries - They're Coming to Manila

I grew up in the 90s. According to many people my age, it's the most awesome decade for growing up - and I couldn't agree more. Back then, life was simple but happy. No internet, cable TV, mobile phones, video games; but, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I loved it. I will forever treasure the moments when me and my playmates would go for a hike, grab some fruits and then race down mountain slopes. Yeah, we lived near the mountains. My parents still do, but it's just not the same.

But, you know what I loved the most about the 90s? The music. Sure, there are lots of great songs today but I still prefer listening to the songs from my decade. They're cool, fun and bring back lots of fond memories. And speaking of the 90's music, who wouldn't forget The Cranberries? Dolores O'Riordan got one of the loveliest voice playing on the airwaves back then. Hey, I can sing to almost all of their songs!


The Cranberries Live in Manila
The Cranberries Live In Manila

You must be familiar with the tunes Ode to My Family, Zombie, Dreams, Just My Imagination, Linger, Promises, Free to Decide. These guys brought you the songs which you still sing in the karaoke for sure. I should know, I still do. They sold out over 15 million albums in the United States alone - making them one of the most successful rock acts of that decade.

It made me sad when they went to hiatus. Six friggin' years of it. I missed them. And my heart almost leaped out of my ribcage when I found out they're coming to Manila! OMG! I couldn't miss this opportunity. Finally, I've got a chance to see them. See, I am blogging about this because I would want to win some tickets to see them. I want to try my luck. I hope I get to see them; it's one of my DREAMS!

You guys out there,

"Catch The Cranberries Live in Manila! The band behind the hits Zombie, Linger, Ode to My Family, Dreams and more! April 10, 2012 at the SMART Araneta Coliseum! Call 7821130 for bulk orders and premium seats!"



Comments